- Last Updated: 05 December 2018
Co-curricular Activities held in the Department :-
Students of the department participated in various university level competitions like Rangoli Competition on the occasion of Diwali Celebration, Quiz, and Mehandi Competition held on 10-10-2014. The Department also organized the following educational trips for enrichment of students' knowledge through real life experiences.
- Organized an educational trip to World Book Fair on 21-02-2015.
- Organized an educational trip to Sooraj kund Craft Fair 2015 on 11-02-2015.
Participation of Students in Seminars/Orientation Programmes/Awareness Programmes :-
- Participated in National Seminar on 'Relevance of Inter-disciplinary Approach in Higher Education held on 12-13 November 2014 , at CRSU, Jind.
- Participated in 'Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao' Campaign initiated by Hon'ble Prime minister Sh. Narender Modi at Panipat on 22-0102015.
- Participated in awareness programme organized on National Voter's Day at Govt. P.G. Girls College, Jind.
- Participated in 'Orientation-cum-Personality Development Programme' organized at CRSU, Jind from 01-09-2015-03-05-2015.Students as well as Staff of the Department participated in 'Tree Plantation Drives' at CRSU on 25-08-2014 and 20-19-2014.
Participation of Faculty in Orientation Programmes/Workshop/Faculty Development Programme :-
Faculty of the Department participated in Faculty Development Programme at CRSU, Jind, from 20-08-2014 to 22-08-2014.
Research Contribution of Faculty:
Paper(s) Published in Journal (s)
- Outcomes of Power Electricity Sector Reforms in Haryana: A Performance Evaluation, MDU Research Journal (Arts) Feb 2015 (co-authored)
- Power Sector Development in Haryana: Progress and Challenges, International Journal of Arts, Humanities and Management Studies, ISSN 2395-0692, March 2015
- Role of Power Sector in Socio Economic Development in Social Transformation forcing inclusive growth in India , Department of Sociology, MDU Rohtak, March 13-14, 2015
- Financial Health of Power Utilities in Rajasthan in National Seminar on Emerging issues in commerce, Kanya Mahavidyalaya Kharkhoda, Sonipat, February 21, 2015
- Promoting Inclusive growth in Power Sector in the National Conference Challenges to Inclusive Growth in Emerging Economy, Department of Commerce, MDU Rohtak, 31 Dec 2014-02 Jan 2015
- Power Sector reforms in Haryana : An Evaluation of the Regulatory Process in 18th Annual Conference of Indian Political Economy Association, November 15-16 2014
- Role of Power Sector in Sustainable Development in Haryana in Relevance of Inter-Disciplinary Approach in Higher Education Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University, Jind (Haryana), November 12-13 2014
Future Plans of the Department :-
Research is the backbone for development in any area, so one should have a research orientation, keeping it in mind the Department is planning to start M.Phil. and Ph.D. programme. Department also plans to organize a National/International Conference/Seminar along with a series of extension lectures, so that the students be provided with updated knowledge. To develop research aptitude of the students the department plans to organize research workshops. The Department is also in process of updating the course curriculum to keep abreast with the changes taking place in the globalized world.