- Last Updated: 17 February 2016
Co-curricular Activities held in the Department :-
Students of the department participated in various competitions like Rangoli competition, Quiz, Mehandi Competition at university level and also participated in Inter- University Sports.
Activities of the Department :-
Organization of Historical Exhibitions in September 2014 and November 2014
Research Contribution of Faculty:
Dr. Rakesh Kumar
- Participated and presented a paper titled 'Right to Education Act: A Historical Perspective' in a National seminar on 'Relevance of Inter-Disciplinary approach in Higher Education organized by CRS University, Jind.
- Participated and Presented a Paper titled 'Administration of Refugee Camp: A Case Study of Kurukshetra' in an international conference on 1947: Rethinking organized by Dept. of History Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
- Participated and Presented a Paper titled "Role of Ch. Chottu Ram in Punjab Politics" in a National Seminar organized by Sir Chottu Ram Chair, M.D.University.
- Participated in Indian History Congress held at Jawaharlal Nehru University on December 28-30, 2014.
- Participated and presented a paper titled in a National seminar on 'Relevance of Inter-Disciplinary approach in Higher Education organized by CRS University, Jind.
Future Plans of the Department :
- Department is planning to start M.Phil. and Ph.D. programme to have a research orientation. The Dept. is planning to establish Historical Museum in the Department and also planning to organize exploration and excavation programme.