- It is informed that the Interviews for the posts of Assistant Professor in English scheduled for February 25& 26, 2019 are hereby postponed due to administrative reasons. The revised schedule shall be notified later.
- Last Updated: 23 August 2018
Co-curricular Achievements of the Students :
- Two Students of M.A.(P) Mr. Jaideep and Ms. Kavita participated and won prizes in Talent Hunt Programme organized by CRSU, Jind.
- Participation and paper presentation by 5 students in International Conference held in AMITY University, Noida on 25th- 27thAugust 2014.
- Three Students presented paper in National Seminar on Relevance of Inter-disciplinary Approach in Higher Education held on 12-13 November 2014 organized by Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University, Jind, sponsored by Directorate of Higher Education, Haryana.
Curricular Achievements of the Students :
Three Students have cleared NET exam during the session 2015-17, 2016-18.
Association with National/State Level Bodies :
Association with PGIMS, Rohtak for Internship of the students is in Progress
Activities of the Department:
- Organized a National Seminar on Relevance of Inter-disciplinary Approach in Higher Education held on 12-13 November 2014.
- Organized an Extension Lecture by Dr. Anita Yadav on 13-02-2015.
- Seven days programe on Research Methodology 11th to 17th July 2017
- Two days National Workshop on Psychological Assessment 27th & 28th October 2017
Research Contribution of Faculty:
Dr. Alka Seth
1- Paper entitled Study of Emotional Intelligence and Personality of Children with Reading Disability published in International Journal of Psychology and Education.
2- Paper entitled ASSESSMENT AND COMPARISON OF WELL-BEING AMONG ADOLESCENTS ACROSS GENDER published in INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL ON MANAGEMENT, MARKETING AND HRD.
- Paper Presentations—
1- Presented a paper entitled Guidance and Counselling as an Integral part of Curriculum: Issues & Challenges in India (2015) Kolkota, organized by Dept. of Psychology, Calcutta University.
2- Presented a paper entitled Health Promotion for Excellence: Role of Life Skills (2015) Mumbai, organized by Indian School Psychology Association.
3- Presented a paper entitled Role of Thinking Skills in stress and Emotions among Adolescents (2017), Goa, organized by International Stress management Association.
- Symposium :Role of Life Skills in enhancing Mental Health of School Going Adolescents Pondicherry (2016), organized by Dept. of psychology, Pondicherry University.
Dr. Shiv Kumar
- Presented a paper on A comparative study of personal characters (Extra version, Intro Version) and Emotional intelligence with choose type of sport at National Seminar at CRSU, Jind
Dr. Pradeep Kumar
- Presented a paper on “Quality of Life in Relation to Personality Factors of Zukermans Alternative Five Factors Model”.
- Presented a paper on “Role of Personality and Values in Organization”.
- Coping and Personality Factors among Mobile Phone users.
- Zuckerman’s Alternative Five Factor Model and Risk Taking Behaviour.
- Happines among University Students: a gender based analysis
- A relationship between emotional intelligence and mental health among youth.
Future Plans of the Department:
- To run M.Phil. (Psychology) Programme from coming session.
- To run Ph.D. (Psychology) Programme from coming session.
- To start Diploma in Guidance & Councelling Programme.
- To keep on organising workshops on various area of Psychology.
- To collaborate for internships for M.A. (Psychology) students to PGIMS, Rohtak and other nearby reputed Psychological Centres.