Department of Management
- Last Updated: 15 July 2017
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Department of Management Studies (DMS) has its origin in the year 2007 with Faculty of Management with 50 seats as part of the Kurukshetra University Post Graduate Regional Centre, Jind to promote academics and research in emerging areas of business studies. The regional centre grew into a full-fledged State University-Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University (CRSU) on 25th July 2014. The Department of Management Studies (DMS) was pioneer in starting the dual specialized programme like Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, and International Business. In the year 2015 the department also started offering Ph.D. programme in management. The departments is very active in organization of seminar, workshops, faculty development programme for university and college teachers, lecture series inviting prominent industrialists, businesses professionals and academicians. The good response shown by the corporate sector in placing the department's students added another feather to their cap. Innovative curricula, vibrant teaching and research environment, interaction with corporate world is luring the buddy mangers with unique professional and personal reasons to the DMS.
Reaching new heights of academic excellence and setting a new parameter of performance in teaching, learning and evaluation, Research, consultancy and extension, infrastructure and learning resources, students support and progression, organization and management and healthy practices.
- To impart need-based quality management education.
- To act as a catalyst in the industrial development of the region.
- To identify and develop the entrepreneurial talents of this area.
- To develop an ethical and human value-oriented management education model based on theory, practice and self realization.
- To the applicability of management concepts and theories in the innovative areas, relevant to the socio economic development of the country.
- Strengthening campus by recruitment learned facilities.
- Improving infrastructural facilities for teaching, research and administration etc.
- Ensuring delivery of best quality of education and teaching through audio and visual aids.
- Strengthen the students and faculties by organizing seminar/conference/workshop, guest lectures by eminent scholar academic exchange program at national and international level etc.
- Collaboration of university with leading business school, university and industry etc.
- To conduct orientation/refresher course for colleges/university lectures.
- Restructuring the present courses running in the campus as per UGC/AICTE norms.
At present the DMS boast of an ideal mix of senior, middle and young academicians with 7 teachers. It is further reinforced by visiting Professors from diverse academic and professional world. Majority of the teachers are engaged in research activities and have attained enough national and international recognition publication of research papers and books, and participation in national and international seminars and conferences.