University Computer & Informatics Centre Official
This University Computer & Informatics Centre (UCIC) is striving to develop the University as "Digital University" and working rigorously to provide the excellent infrastructure facilities with High end systems controlled by Dell Make power Server. Central UPS with a power back up of 8 hours is controlling all the Computer Systems connected via optical fiber LAN covering the whole Campus. 24*7 Internet facility with 1 Gbps is available for students as well as staff. UCIC is continuously monitoring and updating all the information on university website. The UCIC established a Computer Centre with the objective of providing readily available facilities of computers to the students and teaching and non-teaching staff of the University. It also purports to automate administrative and secretarial wings of the University with the aim to cater to the needs of the entire University. University Computer & Informatics Centre (UCIC) is providing opportunity to enhance Professional Knowledge among students and staff members. One Language lab established to improve communication skills of the student in order to compete in the era of Globalization.
The following works regularly performed by UCIC:
1. Software Maintenance/Installation
2. Hardware Maintenance
3. LAN Networking
4. Wi-Fi Network
5. Maintaining 4 computer Labs i.e. (i) Language Lab, (ii) Management Lab, (iii) Psychology Lab, (iv) Computer Science Lab.
6. SMS facilities to the staff/students.
7. Biometric Attendance of Teaching/Non-Teaching Staff Members
8. Website updates
9. Digital University support to all Branches/Departments e.g. College Branch, Registration Branch & Examination Branch.
10. CCTV Cameras.
11. Campus Landline Phones.
The UCIC in-charge is communicating with the following agencies as Nodal Officer:
1. ERNET INDIA, Dept. of Information Technology, Government of India. - EDUROAM (Educational Roaming)
2. Haryana State Electronics Development Corporation Ltd., Sec. 17 B, Chandigarh. – Integration of University portal with CSC-SPV portal apna.csc.gov.in.
3. National e-Governance Division, DeitY, University Grant Commission, New Delhi.-Digital India Week.
4. Haryana Knowledge Corporation Ltd., Panchkula, Haryana-134109. - Digital University Framework and e-suvidha.
5. Department of Higher Education, Haryana. & National Informatics Centre, Jind – Aadhar Enabled Biometric Attendance System.
6. National Informatics Centre, Chandigarh – Centralized File Management System (CFMS)
7. Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India (MHRD) – National Academic Depository (NAD)
8. CM Window, Haryana.
The following projects have implemented by the UCIC:
1. Established the office of University Computer & Informatics Centre (UCIC) is striving to develop the University as "Digital University". Its objective of providing readily available facilities of computer to the students and teaching and non-teaching staff of the University. University Computer & Informatics Centre (UCIC) is providing opportunity to enhance Professional Knowledge among the students.
2. Installed a Central UPS with a power back up of 8 hours is controlling all the Servers.
3. Secured 24*7 Internet facility with 200 Mbps is available for students as well as staff. The department continuously monitoring and updating all the information on university website as well as on various social media portals.
4. Established Computer Centre with 30 Computers.
5. New University Website.
6. Fully Wi-Fi Campus.
7. Fully LAN Campus.
8. Aadhar Enabled Biometric Attendance System (AEBAS) for teaching and non-teaching staff members.
9. Server Room.
10. E-Procurement System.
11. University registration on the portal of Haryana Welfare Scheme.
12. New Domain Name i.e. crsu.ac.in registered under the category of Education and Research Institutions.
13. Email address for all staff members and educational colleges with University domain name.
14. Online Admission portal support of session 2016 to onwards.
15. Help desk for online admission of session 2016 to onwards.
16. Fees reconciliation of session 2016 to onwards.
17. Launched the Mobile application for students.
18. Wireless Solution for Landline phones based on IPBAX technology.
19. Digitization of Office Record.
20. Online Payment Gateway and Electronic Payment Services.
21. Website Policy.
22. E-waste Policy.
23. Internet Access, E-Mail, Use of Software and Hardware Maintenance Policy.
24. EDUROAM (Education Roaming).
The following projects are in progress by the UCIC:
1. National Knowledge Network (NKN).
2. Video Conferencing and Live Class Room Monitoring System of affiliated Colleges.
3. Establishment of Mobile towers in University Campus.
4. Complete Digitization of University.